You’ve been arrested, you’ve sat in jail, you’ve found a bail bondsman, you’ve got a co-signer, but somehow your bail has been revoked, you are back in jail and you owe the court a lot of money you don’t have. How did this happen and can you fix it?

There are many reasons for your bail to be revoked, but sometimes you may not know you have violated your bail bond agreement. Once the judge has declared that your bond is “forfeited“, you can ask an attorney to file a bail remission motion. Often a judge will set aside a bail forfeiture if your attorney can prove any of the following:

  • you were not aware of the specific bail bond condition you violated
  • the violation was against your will
  • you were easy to find and the government didn’t incur any costs to find you
  • there was no major injury to the government because you violated your bail bond.

Whether or not bond can be reinstated in your case will depend on the severity of the crime, the time since the bond was forfeited, and if the judge has a good reason to refund the bond. It’s always best to discuss your case with your attorney who can file the bail remission motion.

Before you bail has been revoked for something you don’t understand, it is best to have regular contact with your bail bondsman and make sure you’re not doing anything that could get your bail bond revoked. If you have any questions about the terms of your bond, you should call your attorney or McRae Bail Bonds. We will answer any of your questions to help you stay out of jail.

Call Now ButtonCall (210) 463-5561