There are many ways women can protect themselves from harm during Halloween because of all the creepers and crawlers that are in the town. The following safety tips allow women to have uproariously fun at San Antonio Halloween parties while staying safe.
- Be aware of your surroundings – Your great night out starts with being aware of your surroundings. Even if you’re in a familiar place for Halloween parties, there may be guests in attendance with plans to ruin your night. While enjoying your time, look out for unusual behavior however challenging that may be during the strangest night of the year.
Tip: The criminal’s primary strategy is to use the advantage of surprise. Studies have shown that criminals are adept at choosing targets who appear unaware of what is happening around them.
- Walk-in groups – You’ve heard of safety in numbers. This adage is especially handy while partying in downtown San Antonio during Halloween. The easiest way to ensure your safety with numbers is to invite your friends and family members to festivities. The more people you’re familiar with that tag along, the safer all of you will be, and potential wrongdoers will be deterred from making your night scarier than planned.
- Leave valuable possessions at home or entirely out of sight – Only take what you need to parties and festivities. On Halloween, thieves will be cleverly disguised and lurking through the night, ready to take your precious belongings. If you must take a cell phone or a bundle of cash with you, keep these items in a small purse or pouch you have with you to prevent potential theft.
- Personal protection – Although a small can of pepper spray may not fit your costume, you’ll feel better knowing that you can protect yourself if someone tries to harm you while enjoying Halloween festivities. If you’re trained in women’s self-defense, keep yourself safe by reviewing certain techniques before going to parties or out on the town.
Tip: “Whether or not you have self-defense training, and no matter your age or physical condition, it is important to understand that you CAN and SHOULD defend yourself physically. You have both the moral and legal right to do so, even if the attacker is only threatening you and hasn’t struck first.“ 
- Keep your beverage in your hand – If you set it down in a San Antonio bar or at a party and walk away from it, you’re opening yourself up for potential harm. A common name for Rohypnol is the “date rape” drug, and it is most commonly used on women. No matter how much you trust the people you’re partying with, always keep your drink with you.
We want you to have fun and safe San Antonio Halloween. Don’t let your night of playing dress-up turn into a nightmare. Understand that there are real dangers present, and protect yourself, and remember, if you or any of your friends have a little too much fun on Halloween, give McRae Bail Bonds a call. We’re available 24/ 7 to get people out of jail fast.