On New Year’s Eve, raucous revelers will flood downtown San Antonio bars and event venues. As party-goers ring in the New Year, the city’s busiest streets will see an ebb and flow of bar hoppers unaware of potentially dangerous situations. Start the New Year off right with safety tips from McRae Bail Bonds.
Safety Tips to Follow During San Antonio New Year’s Eve Events:
- Always be aware of your surroundings. Be on the lookout for strange or unusual behavior from other party goers, and stay close to your friends.
- Avoid alleys and dimly lit areas of downtown San Antonio. If you find yourself in a strange place and need help, look for a well-lit area to phone a friend or member of your party.
- Ask a San Antonio police officer for help if you need it. You will see plenty of officers so if you need their immediate assistance, do not hesitate to ask them for help.
- Don’t drink and drive. Remember, buzzed driving is drunk driving, and you need to have a designated driver ready to take you home after the New Year’s festivities are wrapped up and crowds have dissipated.
- Have a taxi phone number or ride share app on your phone. Even if your designated driver promised not to imbibe, you may find that he or she could not resist the temptation of drunken revelry.
San Antonio Taxi Cabs:
Yellow Cab – (210) 222-2222
County Line – (830) 370-9510
OnCabs San Antonio – (210) 880-0717
You can also get a cheap ride home from San Antonio’s public bus service. Click here to check out VIA’s late night schedule.
We want you to have a fun and safe New Year’s Eve, so follow our rules of thumb for staying safe in large crowds during San Antonio New Year’s Eve events. Also remember that if you or any of your friends have a bit too much fun during New Year’s Eve celebrations, give McRae Bail Bonds a call. We’re available 24/ 7 to get people out of jail fast so add our phone number, (210) 533-5292, to your phone as well!